SmallTime 1.0d release is planned on 9th July 2016.
SmallTime 1.0c contains a bug that causes the whole program to stop working after you put # somwhere in the event name or event description field. I had to refactor big part of program to fix this bug but it was worth it and new features and settings can be added with ease in the future.
Data from SmallTime 1.0c will unfortunately not be loaded into 1.0d but for future versions there will be a reliable backward compatibility system. I could make it possible to convert 1.0c data to 1.0d but it would not fit into the new backward compatibility system and would cause problems when trying to load old corrupted data.
Also, I started to work on a new project concept but in this early stage I can not promise anything.
Note: data shown in theese pictures are for SmallTime feature presentation. They do not neccessairly represent any of my personal information.
Nerderity Report version 0.99h has just been released. Here is a list of changes
- general difficulty tweaks
- room marked as “Psycho room” has it´s original content from closed alpha version restored.
- after collecting all keys at the end of stage 3, trapdoor will open
- new, self-made music
Here is a link to a new Windows version of Nerderity Report:
Originaly I didn´t want to make any more updated to this game on current game engine but if you played previous versions of this game, you probably know that I had to do it and I don´t want to talk about it. Unfortunately, Linux version will have to wait untill next month. After that, Linux version of Nerderity Report and probably SmallTime will be avaiable.
Website maintenance is scheduled on sunday 20.3.2016 at 10 AM. Server may be unavaiable for a couple of minutes and in worst case, horrible things will be happening for an hour or two. However, closed test worked out well and everything should go fine.
More updates next month. Have a nice day.
Happy new year everyone! SmallTime 1.0c has been just released with following changes and features
- app should consume a little bit less memory
- after next update(1.0d) your countdowns from version 1.0c will not be deleted after upgrade
- Date and time of countdowns is now being set via dropdown menus. This change makes it more comfortable to set a new event, mainly for users with certain types of keyboards
- you can now edit your countdowns (finaly, yay!)
- minor user interface changes
- minor changes under the hood that no one cares about
Now, you can dowload SmallTime 1.0c by clicking on the button below… of in the software->SmallTime section of this websice.
Note that some data on image preview are censored due to privacy reasons.
I had some unexpected things to do combined with finishing touches on SmallTime 1.0c. This is the preview of what will it look like. I hope you like the new icon There are some finishing touches left to do (notice the misplaced icons that need to be placed 2 pixels lower) but it will be ready on time. 10th January 2016
Second video from three-part Unexpected Jihad series will be posted tommorrow.
So, this is the first Unexpected Jihad of a (for now) three-part series. For those of you who have seen the two I have published, you will see a new one on December 11th this year.
This is quite a specific kind of humor, so not everyone finds it funny… The rest of you, have a good laugh.
There is a small spinoff coming.
Few months ago I started making videos parodying the Islamic state. Since I did not get any threatning e-mails (yet) so I decided to publish those videos here. Some of you have seen it on youtube but I think it would be a good idea to keep all my “work” on my website.
I have three videos, one of them is not published yet. I will start publishing one of them here, every friday. Note that making of those videos took about 40 minutes alltogether so its not slowing progress made on SmallTime. I may make more of them, depending on how good video material will get into my hands and a number of people who will want to kill me for this
Testing went very well, release date is still on January 10th 2016.
For the few die hard fans. Most of my time is now dedicated to preparation for a college study next year (if I won´t get any job in IT industry in meanwhile). Progress is still very slow but I am trying to make some kind of steady schedule again. Anyway, here come the news:
In a nutshell
- new game engine(alpha stage)
- Improving webdesign skills needed to make my web pages look better
- SmallTime 1.0c will arrive in January 2016
- If you have much time to loose, you can read further to get more detailed info
Why no news for so long?
I began developing my own game engine for 2D games, or better said, basics of it. With a little bit of effort a simple mario-like game could be made with it. However, there are still many things to be fixed and improved. I do not consider this engine to be production ready. A long way to go. First development cycle (April-June 2015) was entirely dedicated to this project.
During the second development cycle(july-september) I was learning some HTML/CSS/PHP for making webpages. I made an intranet server to share files and documents inside the home network. I may post more when I solve, why the server began crashing like mad after upgrade to Windows 10. #bleedingedgetechnology . There is still a long path ahead of me, I need to learn much about MySQL and so on. However, there are many interesting projects possible with those technologies and another new project may be possible to start in 2016.
SmallTime 1.0c release date
SmallTime 1.0c release is planned for January 10th 2016. First, I will list features and fixes already finished:
- change: program architecture change to make adding new features less confusing
- bugfix: if user minimised/maximised app many times withoud adding a new countdown, performance started to decrease. the fix also causes that less memory is used by this app now.
- feature: drop down menus instead of text input fields(requested by tester). This seems to be more comfortable for me and faster for some users. Can be made optional by popular demand (send e-mail to email@example.com )
- feature: all countdowns that you make in version 1.0c will be avaiable in all newer versions from now on.
SmallTime 1.0c is in development with some optimisations and architecture changes already in place. I would like to spend alot of time by testing if those changes produced any bugs. If everything goes well, I will ad an option to edit existing countdowns. Another thing I would like to do stop all the crashes caused by corrupted data files. I encountered strange bug a month ago causing crash but I don´t have any reports of this error from anyone else. So, thats it for this developent cycle (october-december).